Chocolate Banana Popsicles
Listening to your body’s cravings while still supplying it with nutrients is a snack we can all get behind.
Bananas can help your body with digestion and heart health, and with dark chocolate being rich in antioxidants, you can indulge your cravings without sending your glucose levels through the roof. This Chocolate Banana Popsicle recipe, by plant-based chef Loli, is both easy to make and tastes delicious.
6 oz dark chocolate
Topping(s) of choice; chopped almonds, hemp seeds, chopped peanuts, etc.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper. Cut the bananas in half (do not remove the peel yet) and insert the popsicle stick. Gently remove the peel and place them on the parchment lined tray.
- Freeze the bananas until solid, for at least one hour. Once the bananas are frozen solid, you are ready to melt the chocolate.
- To melt the chocolate, chop the dark chocolate into small chunks and place them in a small Zip Top container, the Small Cup works best. Place the Zip Top in a small pot of water and place it on the stove.
- Keep the post over medium heat, allowing the chocolate to slowly melt. You should be able to touch the water with your hands without burning, at all times. Once the chocolate is fully melted, remove your Zip Top.
- Dip the bananas into the chocolate and place them back on the tray. Coat them with toppings before the chocolate hardens.
- Place the tray back in the freezer for a few minutes, until the chocolate is completely hardened.
Bananas not your thing? We have several other delicious recipes you can try. Try this Homemade Guacamole recipe with your favorite chips. It’s so easy to make that even the kids can do it. These Homemade Granola Clusters are perfect by themselves or add them to your favorite yogurt and top with fruit.