Curried Butternut Squash Soup
This butternut squash soup by vegan chef Loli Alliati is an absolute fall favorite! It's smooth, flavorful and so easy to make. You'll want to make a large batch and have it ready for those cold fall days.
2/3 butternut squash
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp coconut oil
3-4 cups water
1 piece of ginger
1/4 tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425F.
2. Peel the butternut squash, remove seeds and cut it into big chunks.
3. Transfer the butternut squash chunks to a baking tray and add coconut oil on top. Mix with your hands until the butternut squash is fully coated. Distribute evenly. Add salt and pepper.
4. Cut the onion in half and place it cut side down in the baking tray together with the garlic cloves (without peeling them).
5. Bake for 35 minutes, or until butternut squash is soft.
6. Add the butternut squash to a blender. Remove the outer layer of the onion and the garlic skin and add them to the blender. You may do it in 2 batches if your blender is not big enough.
7. Add water, ginger, curry powder and salt. Blend until creamy. You may want to add more water to achieve your desired consistency.
8. Transfer to your Zip Top container and finish with spring onion, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and pepper.